When it comes to choosing curtains, one of the most important factors to consider is the ceiling height. This is because different curtain lengths will be suitable for different sized windows and ceilings. For example, if you have 10 foot ceilings, you will need to choose curtains that are long enough to reach the floor.
Here are a few tips on how to choose the right size curtains for 10 foot ceilings: – Firstly, measure the width of your window. Curtains should be wide enough to cover the entire window, so make sure you take accurate measurements.
– Once you know the width of your window, you can then decide on the length of your curtains. As a general rule, curtains should be 2-3 times longer than the width of your window. So, if your window is 10 feet wide, your curtains should be 20-30 feet long.
– Another factor to consider is the style of your Curtains. If you want a more formal look, choose heavier fabrics such as velvet or brocade. For a more casual look, lighter fabrics such as cotton or linen are ideal.
If you have 10 foot ceilings, then you will need to get curtains that are at least 9 feet long. The reason for this is because you want the curtains to hang down long enough so that they actually cover the entire window. You don’t want there to be any light peeking through the top or sides of the curtains.
So, make sure to get curtains that are plenty long enough for your windows.
What Size Curtains Do I Need for 12 Foot Ceilings?
Assuming you want floor-length curtains:
For rooms with 12-foot ceilings, you’ll need to purchase curtains that are at least 9 feet long. These can be either ready-made or custom made.
If your windows are extra wide, you may need to go up to 10 or 11 feet in length. And if you really want a dramatic look, consider Floor-to-Ceiling drapes which will require a stepladder or tall stool to hang them properly!
What Size Curtains Should I Get for 9 Ft Ceilings?
There is no definitive answer when it comes to choosing the right size curtains for 9 ft ceilings. It will depend on a number of factors, such as the style of your room, the amount of natural light and the type of window you have. However, here are a few general tips to help you choose the perfect curtains for your high ceilings:
– Go for long curtains: Long curtains will make your ceilings look taller and add a touch of elegance to your space. If you have windows that are floor-to-ceiling, opt for curtains that are at least 2 inches longer than the height of your windows. – Choose a light or neutral color: Dark colors can make a room feel smaller, so it’s best to stick with lighter hues when selecting curtains for 9 ft ceilings.
Whites and other neutrals will also help reflect light, making your space feel brighter and more open. – Consider adding embellishments: If you want to add some extra visual interest to your room, look for Curtains with embellishments like ruffles, patterns or trim. These details can help break up the expanse of a large wall and add some personality to your space.
How High Do You Hang Curtains With High Ceilings?
If you have high ceilings, you might be wondering how high to hang your curtains. The short answer is: it depends. Here are a few things to consider when deciding how high to hang curtains with high ceilings:
1. The height of your windows. If your windows are on the shorter side, you’ll want tohang your curtains higher up on the wall to make the room appear more spacious. On the other hand, if your windows are already quite tall, hanging your curtains closer to the ceiling will help create a cozier feel in the room.
2. The width of your windows. Wider windows will require longer curtain panels, so you’ll need to take that into account when deciding how high to hang them. You don’t want your panels to be too short or they’ll look out of proportion with the window size.
3. The style of your Curtains . Heavier, formal curtains often look best when hung closer to the ceiling while lighter, more casual styles can be hung lower down on the wall. It’s really a matter of personal preference though, so experiment until you find what looks best in your space.
4. The function of your Curtains . If you’re hanging curtains for privacy or light control purposes, then it’s important to make sure they’re long enough to cover the entire window when closed. In this case, err on the side of caution and choose a length that comes close to touching the floor (or even slightly longer).
5., How much wall space do you have? In general, it’s best notto cover more than two-thirdsofthe wall space above a windowwith curtains sincedoing so can makethe room feelclosed offand cramped . Ifyou have alotof emptywallspace , however , fillingitwithtallcurtains can actuallyhelpmakea roomevenmorespacious bydrawingtheeyeupward .
How Many Inches of Ceiling Curtains Do I Need?
If you’re looking to add some curtains to your ceiling, there are a few things you’ll need to take into account before making your purchase. The most important factor is the size of your window. You’ll want to measure the width of your window and then add an additional 10-15 inches on each side for a total width of 30-40 inches.
For the length, you’ll want to measure from the top of your window down to where you’d like your curtains to end (typically about 6-12 inches below the windowsill). Once you have those measurements, simply choose a curtain rod that’s long enough to accommodate both dimensions. As far as how many curtains you’ll need, that will depend on the look you’re going for.
If you want a fuller, more dramatic look, 2-3 panels per window should do the trick. If you’re going for something more simple and understated, 1 panel per window should suffice. Just keep in mind that most standard curtain panels are only 50-60 inches wide, so if your windows are particularly large, you may need more than one panel per side.
Finally, when hanging ceiling curtains be sure to install them at least 6 inches above the top of your windows so they don’t block out any natural light. With these tips in mind, shopping for ceiling curtains should be a breeze!
HANGING CURTAINS? DON'T MAKE THESE 5 TERRIBLE MISTAKES!
What Size Curtains for 9 Foot Ceilings
If you have 9 foot ceilings, then you may be wondering what size curtains you need to buy. The answer really depends on a few factors, such as the width of your window and how much light you want to let in.
Generally speaking, you’ll want to choose curtains that are at least 2-3 inches wider than your window.
This will allow them to drape nicely and provide adequate coverage. For example, if your window is 36 inches wide, then you’ll want to look for curtains that are 38-40 inches wide. As for length, it’s important to consider both the height of your ceilings and the location of your windows.
If your ceilings are very high or your windows are located close to the ceiling, then you’ll likely want to choose floor-length curtains. But if your ceilings are more moderate in height or your windows are closer to eye level, then shorter curtains may be a better option. Just keep in mind that whichever length you choose, make sure the bottom of the curtain doesn’t drag on the ground – this can create a tripping hazard.
Finally, when it comes to choosing colors and patterns for your curtains, go with whatever makes you happy! There are no hard and fast rules here – just pick something that complements the overall style of your home and makes YOU feel good when you look at it.
If you have 10 foot ceilings, you’ll need curtains that are at least 8 feet long. The best way to determine the perfect length is to measure from the floor to just above where you’d like the curtains to end. For a more traditional look, choose curtains that hang all the way down to the floor.